Hello Pastor Chris, I’m a born again christian, I’m staying with a partner whom we’re not officially married for 2 years now and she’s pregnant. But feel like I made a wrong decision to be staying with her. My question is;Will it be wrong if we may separate and let the Lord guide me to the right person marry? Please pastor I need your help.
You have several responsibilities here. I want to encourage you to step up and show the world what a follower of Jesus does during difficult times.
1. You have a responsibility to the woman you have been living with. To run off and leave her with a child is cowardly and cruel. She deserves better than that.
2. You have a responsibility to the child. How will that baby learn about and accept the God who is love if his earthly father doesn’t love him enough to raise him? A child needs spiritual training coupled with a secure, loving environment (Proverbs 22:6).
3. You have a responsibility to society. There are far too many children on the streets, far too many growing up in poverty, far too many getting their perspective on life from someone other than a godly father.
4. You have a responsibility to God. The Bible teaches that God opens and closes a woman’s womb (1 Samuel 1:5-6). In other words God is the One who creates life (Psalm 139:13). God created this baby. Will you abandon the child that God has given you? “A man’s ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths” (Proverbs 5:21, NIV).
5. You have a responsibility to yourself. What kind of man will you be? A godly man that steps up and shoulders his responsibility? Or a worldly man that lives only for himself?
Ask God to help you. You will do well to memorize Philippians 4:13, 19 and repeat them out loud every day.
Be a godly man. Do the right thing for this woman and this child. It is your responsibility.
~ Pastor Chris
Will my wife and I goto hell for getting an abortion and when Jesus forgive us? We just had one baby and she 6 months she is very sweet and beautiful couldn’t ask for a better baby. The reason we got the abortion is bc we short on money and we want to keep our 6 month old with the little this we get.
Abortion is murder and is therefore sin. However, it is not the unpardonable sin. Jesus said that there is only one sin that will never be forgiven and that sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28-30).
Jesus will forgive you if you sincerely ask Him to do so. His death on the cross paid the price for our sin.
So, what are you to do? You and your wife must come before God in true contrition and repentance. That is what King David did after he sinned. Psalm 51 records David’s prayer of confession to God. Open your Bible to that psalm and allow its words to help you express your hearts to God. Follow that time of prayer by reading 1 John 1:9.
Jesus exhorted the woman caught in adultery with these words, “Then neither do I condemn you…Go now and leave your life of sin” (John 8:11, NIV). Follow Jesus and talk to Him before making your decisions.
I want to encourage you to get the book Abortion: Abortion: A Rational Look at An Emotional Issue. The book contains an excellent discussion of all sides of the abortion issue.
Hi Pastor Chris,
I have a question regarding unbaptized babies who die, for example a few hours after birth. Do these babies go to heaven? In the new testament going to heaven requires “believing” and “baptizing” or just minimum “believing.” There is no age of accountability in the new testament and a baby is born in original sin, so they are not born “believing” Since they are not born believing and if they are not baptized and die a few hours after birth does this mean they go to hell? Many people try to use the old testament, but weren’t the conditions for belief in god different in the old testament and if you use the old testament shouldn’t christians be applying the old testament rulings for not eating pork and women wearing a viel??
Thank you for your thoughtful question. I am encouraged to see that you are reading your Bible carefully and often. As you continue to dig into the Bible God will bless you with insight and wisdom for life’s challenging circumstances.
Baptism does not save a person. Baptism is an illustration of the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It is also a testimony of our faith in Him and illustrates the death of our old life and our new life in Christ (Romans 6:3-5). The New Testament pattern is believer’s baptism. A person believes in Christ and then is baptized as a testimony to that fact (Acts 8:26-40). I do not find a Bible passage that teaches infants are to be baptized.
The question has to do with the character of our God and His grace. Is God unfair, harsh, unfeeling, uncaring? No. I am comforted in the story of Jesus and the children where He rebukes the disciples for preventing the children from coming to Him. Look at Matthew 19:13-14, “Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'”
Isn’t it wonderful that Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven belongs to children? Be comforted, Jesus loves children and receives them.
~ Pastor Chris